Investment Operations Associate
At Briaud Financial Advisors, we pride ourselves on our culture of continuous growth, integrity, teamwork, and professionalism. We are seeking an Investment Operations Associate to join our growing investment team. This position is ideal for someone who is curious, interested in investing, team-oriented, and desires to express our strategy in the most efficient manner possible to the benefit of our clients.
This position is well-suited for you if you are known for your attention to detail, your sense for numbers, your can-do attitude and your ability to think independently and creatively.
In this role you will:
- Monitor portfolios firm-wide and ensure they are within tolerance
- Propose trades to bring clients in-line with their respective models based on the parameters set by CIO and Portfolio Manager
- Enter and execute trades, both one-off and block
- Review client portfolio notes and models with advisors on a regular basis
- Create, or reproduce, client deliverables for meetings and firm-wide initiatives
- Present strategy and decision-making thesis to clients, when needed
- Maintain records and reporting related to our alternative investments and limited partnerships
- Create and streamline investment-related processes to create greater efficiencies
- Review new client portfolios and make initial recommendations regarding transfers/rotations/etc.
- Review and categorize securities within portfolio management system
- Assist with special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
If you have the following, we want to talk to you:
- Strong Integrity — Honest, loyal, principled are words others use to describe you
- Deep Care for Others — Understanding the needs of those around you comes naturally, you listen intently, and you can put yourself in their shoes
- Steady and Reliable — People know you as someone they can depend on in a pinch, you are level-headed, and you don’t let things slip through the cracks
- Seek Excellence — Perfection is not the aim, rather chasing excellence in your personal life, your work, and in others as well
- Team Player and Great Attitude — Collaboration is sought out and you couple it with a can-do, no-job-is-beneath-me attitude to help you accomplish big goals
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, accounting, economics or related field
- 1 year of work experience in the financial industry preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required; Superior working knowledge preferred
Briaud Benefits Include:
- 10 paid company holidays along with 3 weeks of paid leave
- 401(k) with employer matching (eligible after 1 year)
- HSA/FSA/DCFSA availability
- Continuing Education – paid professional dues, conference attendance, additional training, etc.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit both a cover letter and resume for consideration