Becoming A Client
To be an effective partner, we need to know you and your goals.
The following are key milestones to expect as we put together your comprehensive financial plan.
1Initial MeetingFree of Charge
Items To Bring
- Statements from financial accounts (workplace retirement, IRA, brokerage, bank)
- Approximate balances on any debts (mortgage, student loan, auto, credit cards)
- Latest tax returns
- An estimate of what you spend on an annual basis
- Anything else you would like us to look at
What We’ll CoverThis is an opportunity to get to know each other and answer your questions honestly and openly. The meeting includes:
- Discussion of any previous advisor relationships
- Discussion of what an ideal advisor relationship looks like
- A look at your financial picture, with a few initial ideas of what you can do and how we can help
TakeawaysA better understanding of Briaud and whether we are a good fit for you.
If we meet your needs, we can move on to the next step, which is a goal setting meeting
2Goal SettingYour Chance to Tell Your Story
Items To Bring
- Everything listed above in the initial meeting
- Additional details on spending
- Insurance policy statements
- Estate documents
- A full detailed list of the information we need is listed in the Document Checklist
What We’ll CoverWe explore your:
- History with money
- Present circumstances
- Hopes for the future
TakeawaysA better understanding of your goals. We will leave the meeting with a deeper understanding of how we will serve you. This information feeds into the financial plan and all subsequent work we do for you.
3Financial PlanDelivery of the Full Financial Plan
Items To BringNothing
What We’ll CoverWe will walk through the financial plan, which covers:
- Net worth statement
- Goal statement and feasibility analysis
- Insurance review
- Income tax review
- Retirement projection
- Estate review
- Investment review and approach
TakeawaysAn agreed upon approach for how we together will work towards your financial and life goals.